Welcome to the new home of the School for Advanced Studies Tiger Times!!!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Destiny’s Fate

I stare into the sky,

These stars, they appear to cry,

To my silence, they echo no reply,

Among them … I no longer fly.

I have taken to the field,

Hate, in my presence, is repealed,

To love, I shall always yield,

My sword, my only shield.

My stance, sure and steady,

Against fate, I stand ready,

To these illusions I am sold,

To hope, I continue to hold.

The signs, they are oblique,

Just as this fight reaches its peak,

The world suddenly becomes meek,

Demonstrating all the symptoms of the weak.

These people, they just watch it burn,

Their pathetic attention they do turn,

Yet, they wish to be saved,

To have their road, paved, at a price they reject to have paid.

They think they have control,

Disproved by chance and its patrol,

To safety they attempt to stroll,

Leaving to others, the payment of life’s toll.

Sacrifice, my only measure,

Hope, my only pleasure,

However, surrounded, I have been,

My soul, flanked, by the dark and intense sin.

From these ashes I rise,

Leaving the hypocrites who deny their lies,

Abandoning the inanity of the intolerant cries,

Rejecting the ignorance of the supposed wise.

Against the current, I continue my strife,

My own and for none other is my life,

Perhaps I’ll vanish in the mirrors of memories,

But maybe, I’ll stay a while for your eloquent harmonies.

I’ll wait, swimming so still among life’s tide,

Alive and unafraid,

Incomplete but not frayed,

For love’s arrival, and for fate, by will, to be made.

Until that moment, I’ll ride against fate,

To the moment death meets me at the gate,

My majesty, this mission shall debate,

To the dark and to all of hate.

By my Majesty I shall abide,

To hope, my travel, I shall confide.

No comments: