Welcome to the new home of the School for Advanced Studies Tiger Times!!!

Friday, November 6, 2009

NAÏVE

I believe the unbelievers
The agnostics

The deceivers

I believe the indecisive

Who decide for me?



And frankly I don't have a mind

I say

I believe them anyway

The people yelling in the court room

The mighty gavel descends upon the stand

And all’s at rest

The final order?

Seemingly restored

Their lives been put to the test

Learning

Is something,

They’ve ignored.

Oh well, shall I continue

To be so damn naive

And wait to be deceived

When I could figure out my life

On my own

And not wait for their advice

Because it’s the easiest to take

Just following theirs

I might break

My own neck

And they will laugh in repose

Oh screw that I am willing to compose

My own life

Because it's a hard earned strife

And nothing in this life

Comes easy

And if it did

Wouldn’t that, be cheesy?


-Anzhelika Zhuravleva

No comments: