Welcome to the new home of the School for Advanced Studies Tiger Times!!!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Surviving SAS

I will truly miss the summer. No more waking up when I want, going out when I want, and doing what I want to do. Come August 24th the awful feeling of school will be back. Waking up at 5:30 in the mourning, doing outlines given by Mr. Pino, catching the bus 75, and that’s just a few of the things that I will encounter when I come back to school. At least on the bright side it’s my senior year so I have something to really look forward to. That is my back to school experience which is different from the experiences other seniors had, and different from the experiences the juniors had. Since the juniors are not coming back to SAS but are now entering SAS, I would like to give them a few tips that I find helpful.

  1. Don’t be intimidated by the school
  2. You will get as much as you put in
  3. Don’t take the MDC classes too lightly
  4. Strive for all A’s in your MDC classes, it will augment your GPA significantly
  5. Don’t give up
  6. Don’t be fooled by your inflated GPA
  7. Study for your PSAT, it will help you a lot
  8. You need your sibling not vice versa


-Mrs. Skinny Jeans n the J

No comments: