Welcome to the new home of the School for Advanced Studies Tiger Times!!!

Friday, November 6, 2009

If Animals could speak…

… what would they say?

This is an interesting question. Many people hold the “human race” in superiority to other animals. I think otherwise because we are technically classified as animals too. Homo sapiens, correct? Eating other animals is not the issue. Other animals eat other animals; it’s a natural phenomenon (food chain). I don’t understand why humans ignore the animal’s existence. Animals have rights too, we have completely demolished those rights.

My concern lies in the fact that America is still caught up in “Manifest Destiny.” Destiny is the subconscious and vague goal that Americans pursue. Deforestation is very common. Run someone out of their house and they live on the streets, at least until they find some place else. I am sure Mr. Raccoon will be happy to live in the tree that got trampled by a bulldozer. Animals have no choice. Want to be a grizzly bear’s pet? How about a mascot for a little league squirrel baseball team: “The Cincinnati Humans.”

Many would argue that animals would eat us if we were nice to them. I beg to differ. Animals assimilated to the human existence; they have assimilated to our ways and have put up with us, ESPECIALLY when we take their land. This reminds me of the Native Amer-…

“I hope you die!” is something I’d like to hear from another fellow animal. I participate in this selfish act of self-indulgence… It’s the American way.


-Carlo "Carnage" Callwood

No comments: